Helping Couples Draft Effective and Fair Prenuptial Agreements
Many people assume that prenuptial agreements are only appropriate for very wealthy individuals. However, in modern times, many engaged couples are electing to sign prenuptial agreements to set contractual terms during their marriage and in the event of divorce or death of a spouse. To learn how such terms can help in your situation, do not hesitate to consult with a prenuptial agreement lawyer in Hilton Head and Bluffton at the Law Offices of David Parker Geis, LLC.
When is a Prenup Right for You?
There are many situations that may benefit from prenuptial agreements, including:
- A significant wealth disparity between the spouses
- One spouse is planning not to work during the marriage
- One spouse has children from a previous marriage
- One or both spouses own a business or substantial property
- One spouse expects a substantial inheritance
These agreements can address a wide range of issues, including:
- How income will be utilized during the marriage
- Health care and disability costs
- Insurance costs
- Debt obligations
- Alimony or property division rights upon a divorce
- Life insurance
- Inheritance rights
While you can include child-related matters in a prenuptial agreement, the court has the ability to review the matter before making the final determination in a divorce. If you are facing divorce and you already have a prenuptial agreement in place, it is important to have a skilled attorney review the contract to see if all of the terms are valid and enforceable.
Learn More about the Services of Our Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer in Hilton Head, SC
You want to make sure that a prenuptial agreement protects your rights and will be enforceable, so always contact the Law Offices of David Parker Geis, LLC for help. Call 843.715.0661 or contact us online to set up an appointment with an experienced Hilton Head prenuptial agreement attorney today.